Friday 16 October 2015

David Lupton and "Bedshaped"

The song 'Bedshaped' by 'Keane' (2004) was one of my favourite songs growing up, I feel this may have been where my love for animation and all things eerie began. 


After doing research into who created the animation of the clay model character, I found that it came from a short animated film "Butterfly"- by Corin Hardy


This is a story of how a man's past made him into who he is, and how only he can change his future from being a 'failure'. I find the message is quite strong, but the video is overall creepy. Thinking about how I liked the short video in Bedshaped's music video, I realise that I was an unusual child. 

The animated band in the music video was created by David Lupton, who drew over 500 illustrations for the video in a week. This form of drawn animation is also very interesting as it creates a contrast from the 3D modelling. 

David Lupton's other illustrations are also quite dark and Gothic. They have a creepy and surreal look to them and would scare the viewer.


These are some of Lupton's other illustrations which I find inspiring and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment