Wednesday 3 February 2016

Cameras in After Effects

In this process and production workshop we were creating a 3D scene inspired by MGMT-All we ever wanted was everything. We started by creating vector images in Illustrator with each object on a different layer and different colour, we put this in after effects and used the camera move to give the effect of the screen gliding through the buildings and back to show the full picture. We also created an effect on some objects which looked like it was unrolling onto the page, I feel this effect could workwell however in my scene it does not fit.

This is a screengrab of my illustrator file with the objects in it. I used the theme of Paris as I recently went there and I feel it is a city with a lot of cultural landmarks. The colours I used in my piece were from a colourwheel I found of the colours of Paris. I was originally going to add in more famous parts of Paris, such as the moulin rouge and the Arc De Triomphe but I had too many layers and didn't want the animation to look cluttered.

This is my final animation, I feel the overall attempt at using cameras in after effects was good, however I think it flows too quickly and you don't get chance to view the whole end scene.



Reference material.

No comments:

Post a Comment